[NTG-context] ruby for vertical layout

S Barmeier severinbarmeier at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 11 10:18:08 CET 2012

>>> For vertical typesetting you can also use ruby.
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>>
>> OK, how do I use the vertical ruby in horizontal text?
>
> That’s not supported, you can only use horizontal ruby in horizontal text and vertical ruby in vertical text.
>
> Wolfgang

I see. Attaching the ruby changes the line height, so I assume the
bounding box for the character+ruby compound is adjusted accordingly. In
that case, would it be possible to force using a vertical layout for
ruby? I guess if \ruby inherit the text orientation from the main text,
this will be less straight-forward...

Thank you.
Severin