[NTG-context] Integration of all the information around ConTeXt

Jan Heinen JaHeinen at gmx.de
Fri Mar 16 13:24:23 CET 2012

Hello,

with the help of ConTeXt and the ConTeXt-Mailinglist I
successfully have generated a book which will be printed
next week :-)
Thankl you - everyone!

And now I would like to give something back to ConTeXt :-)

There is a lot of information around ConTeXt: Material of
Hans Hagen, this very dynamic Mailinglist/Forum, the
command-reference-list of Wolfgang Schuster  and the
Contextgarden-Wiki.

I think the best what I can do for ConTeXt is helping to
structure, organize and integrating the huge amount of
existing information.
And the wiki ist a very good place to do al this work.

Since several years I am running an own wiki with mediawiki.
After informing Hans, Taco and Mojca Miklavec, I no have
started, to rename all the commands from reference/en/... to
command/...
The .htaccess takes care, that all the old names will be
forwarded to the new names.

Then I have build a startting-category: "ConTeXt" and every
subcategory is a branch of it. So we have a tree with all
the wiki-information starting at "ConTeXt". You can find
this startingpoint on http://www.contextgarden.net on the
right side: Categories.
I have started to organize the sub-categories ... but
everyone who likes ConTeXt is invited to improve the wiki.

A very good help would be:
All the commands of context (more than 500) are in one huge
category:commands
For the users it would be usefull to build subcategories for
the commands.

1. login (or first register on contextgarden.net)
2. Go to a command, e.g. command/about:
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/about
3. Click on edit (top of page)
4. go to the bottom of the source-code
5. add to
[[category:Commands]]
[[category:xxx]]     xxx = new name or existing name
6. save the changes
7. now you can see the category at the bottom of the page.
8. if it is red - click on it
9. then write
[[category:commands]]
to link it to the tree,

I hope lot's of you help at least a little bit ... it's fun
:-) And it's for ConTeXt.

Regards
Jannis