[NTG-context] Itemize without page break

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu Mar 22 03:01:58 CET 2012

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 18:22 -0400, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> Anything else will leave to undersirable behaviour (or segfaults :) ) As I
> had said in one of my earlier emails, this is the case for ALL context
> macros that take both options and assignments.

Fair enough. I got it to work now with,

\startitemize[R,2*broad][start=11,before=\startlinecorrection,after=
\stoplinecorrection]

My only concern here is that, for something as incredibly fundamental
and recurring in the world of ConTeXt, the caveats and distinctions to
be made between options and assignments, that can and have taken down
entire operating systems, or cause hour after hour of no end of vague
syntactical errors, or even successful compilations with the wrong
effects, shouldn't that probably have been mentioned at least once, even
if only in passing, somewhere within the 369 page user manual? The word
"assignment" I couldn't locate once.

I'm not sure if this is a concept inherited from TeX, but if it is, it's
probably not a good idea for the documentation and the user interface to
assume that ConTeXt users have a background with TeX or derived.

Thanks for the help,

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred