[NTG-context] simple graphics, Metafun vs. ConTeXt

S Barmeier severinbarmeier at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:09:47 CET 2012

I have leaved through the ConTeXt and MetaFun manuals on the search for
examples of graphics resembling the attached file which I created in TikZ.

I was wanting to switch to something more native to ConTeXt, but haven't
quite found a way of realising it in ConTeXt or MetaFun.

Maybe someone would be so kind as to point me to the right section in
the manual.

All I want is to define text boxes (of a fixed size) to fill them with a
background colour and (centred, typeset) text. Do I need MetaFun for
that, or should some table/framed text environment in ConTeXt be able to
do that?

Many thanks,
Severin