[NTG-context] simple graphics, Metafun vs. ConTeXt

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 22 15:28:18 CET 2012

Am 22.03.2012 um 15:09 schrieb S Barmeier:

> I have leaved through the ConTeXt and MetaFun manuals on the search for
> examples of graphics resembling the attached file which I created in TikZ.
>
> I was wanting to switch to something more native to ConTeXt, but haven't
> quite found a way of realising it in ConTeXt or MetaFun.
>
> Maybe someone would be so kind as to point me to the right section in
> the manual.
>
> All I want is to define text boxes (of a fixed size) to fill them with a
> background colour and (centred, typeset) text. Do I need MetaFun for
> that, or should some table/framed text environment in ConTeXt be able to
> do that?

You can use a table as seen in the example below but when you have many
graphics in this form I would use layers and write a few commands to fill
all fields with the information.

\startsetups kanji

  \setupTABLE      [frame=off]
  \setupTABLE[1][1][background=color,backgroundcolor=red,width=4cm,align={middle,lohi}]
  \setupTABLE[2][1][background=color,backgroundcolor=orange,width=6cm]
  \setupTABLE[1][2][background=color,backgroundcolor=yellow]

\stopsetups

\starttext

\bTABLE[setups=kanji]
  \bTR