[NTG-context] Itemize without page break

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:38:48 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 3:01 AM, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:
>
>>What's probably happening is eventually the system runs out of memory,
>>the swap gets depleted as well, and as a last act of desperation, the
>>kernel finally denies an allocation request to luatex which is pretty
>>rare. The latter probably then dereferences the null pointer and then it
>>blows.
> Yes, can be, but LuaTex has it's memory manager that  should manage
> this situation
> just to avoid segmentation faults. I will see if I'm able to setup a vm .
On a qemu vm Suse 11.3
Linux linux 2.6.34-12-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-06-29 02:39:08 +0200
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
at runlevel 3
after 7minuts I have

Runaway argument?
{before=\startlinecorrection ,after=\stoplinecorrection
}]{\dodoubleemptyYESone \ETC.
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [token memory size=226427358].

The vm  was slow but usable, the max load factor was 2.3 . No
segmentation fault.

--
luigi