[NTG-context] Lettrine misbehaving in beta

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 22 22:47:13 CET 2012

On 22-3-2012 16:44, James 'Twey' Kay wrote:
> I have this problem too… most frustrating :-\ I guess the drop-cap is
> being counted as part of the line, and thereby increasing the line height.

better try:

%D For the moment here: dropped caps redone. In addition to the
%D parameters shown in the example you can use the \type {style} and
%D more low level \type {font} keys to set up the font where
%D the first one wins. If you don't like the behaviour you can always
%D roll out your own command.
%D
%D \starttyping
%D \placeinitial \input ward \par \input ward \par \placeinitial \input
tufte
%D
%D \setupinitial
%D   [location=text,
%D    n=2,
%D    color=darkred,
%D    distance=-1em,
%D    hoffset=1em,
%D    voffset=-3ex,
%D    before=\blank]
%D
%D \placeinitial \input ward \par \input ward \placeinitial \input tufte
%D \stoptyping

(dropping caps is something that can interfere with anything else that
synchronizes at the start of a paragraph)