[NTG-context] \definepagebreak[header, footer] not working when changing matters

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 24 11:39:41 CET 2012

Am 24.03.2012 um 09:54 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

> I have discovered that \definepagebreak[header,footer] doesn't right
> with chapters when changing from frontmatter to bodymatter (and similar
> divisions).
>
> Here you have a sample:
>
> \definepagebreak[firstpagebreak][yes,header,footer,right]
> \setuphead[chapter][page=firstpagebreak]
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,location={botton}]
> \starttext
> \startfrontmatter
> \dorecurse{4}{\chapter{front}}
> \stopfrontmatter
> \startbodymatter
> \dorecurse{4}{\chapter{body}}
> \stopbodymatter
> \startappendices
> \dorecurse{4}{\chapter{body}}
> \stopappendices
> \startbackmatter
> \dorecurse{4}{\chapter{body}}
> \stopbackmatter
> \stoptext
>
> Pages previous to chapters with no text should also lack header and
> footer, but in the example above this doesn't work when text divisions
> (such as front matter, body matter, appendices and back matter) change.

Section blocks do have a page key which is used ti switch to a right page at
the begin/end of the environment and this happens before the chapter
page break happens. You have to disable the page breaks for the section block
to have the right header/footer on empty pages.

\setupsectionblock[frontpart][page=]
\setupsectionblock[bodypart] [page=]
\setupsectionblock[backpart] [page=]

Wolfgang