[NTG-context] Problem Nesting defineitemgroups

Rogers, Michael K mroge02 at emory.edu
Sun Mar 25 15:14:26 CEST 2012

You can use \startitemize[1] directly.  (You can put it in a macro, so if you ever want to change the style of bullets, you just have to adjust the macro.)

\startnlist
\item Foo
\startitemize[1]
\item Some bullet item 1,
\item Some bullet item 2.
\stopitemize
\item Baz
\startnlist % start level=2 nlist
\item sub Baz 1
\startitemize[1]
\item Another bullet item 1,
\item Another bullet item 2.
\stopitemize
\item sub Baz 2
\stopnlist % stop level=2 nlist
\stopnlist

If you want complicated nesting of the two types with automatically chosen symbols, you'll have to do some programming of ConTeXt, I think.  Here's hack, which I can offer as a hint.  I'm just beginning to learn ConTeXt, so I fear to wade in deeper than this:

% bulleted nlist
\def\startBnlist{\doifelse{\currentitemlevel}{1}{\startitemize[1]}{\startitemize[2]}}
%\def\startBnlist{\expanded{\startitemize[\currentitemlevel]}} % this works too
\def\stopBnlist{\stopitemize}

The bullet used in the above depends on the overall item level, which is a solution I doubt anyone would ever want.  To really get it to work right you would probably need to define your own blist item level variable and do your own bookkeeping.