[NTG-context] Rotating externalfigure

Malte Stien malte at stien.de
Thu Mar 29 01:07:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to rotate a figure on a page. I believe it should work as follows:

  \placefigure[left]{Some figure caption}{\externalfigure[some-figure-caption][orientation=90]}

...and the figure does indeed get rotated, but the bounding box appears to be incorrect. The figure ends up being far too small and actually overlays the text above it. I found a couple of posts on the mailing list from years ago regarding this, where people seemed to have related issues.

Is there a solution to this? Should this work or am I doing something wrong? I could rotate the figure in the source application, but that is not ideal.

Thank you for all your help.
Regards,
Malte.