[NTG-context] Seeking the incompatibility of versions of ConTeXts

Jaroslav Hajtmar hajtmar at gyza.cz
Thu Mar 29 17:59:55 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I am seeking the incompatibility of ConTeXt minimals standalone and
ConTeXt MKIV, which is part of TeXLive the 2011. While TeXLive 2011
ConTEXt MKIV translates example bottom easily then standalone MKIV gives
an error. An example is taken from wiki.contextgarden.
Just for the record: I am using with success this solution with few
luascrips for a simple bibliography (sorting etc.), but only in ConTEXt
MKIV TeXLive 2011. I want use it in mimimals standalone too.

Thanx.
Jaroslav Hajtmar

Here is my example:

\definereferenceformat[cite][left={[},right={]}]

\defineitemgroup [bibliography] [levels=1]
\setupitemgroup  [bibliography][each][s,packed]
\setupitemgroup  [bibliography]
                  [symbol=n,
                   left={[},
                   right={]},
                   width=3em,
                   stopper=,
                   itemalign=flushleft]

\appendtoks\let\bibitem\itemgroupitem\to\itemgroupcommands

\def\Cite[#1]{\cite[bibl:#1]}

\starttext

\section{Links to the bibiopgraphy}

Sample calls citations in the text. The numbers in square brackets are
references to
bibliography. Here is the first link \Cite[3] and here next cite
\Cite[4], \Cite[1], \Cite[5].

\section{Bibliography}

\startbibliography
\bibitem[bibl:1]