[NTG-context] ConTeXt in the Cloud?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Mar 29 19:28:55 CEST 2012

On 29-3-2012 19:20, Matthias Weber wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> as the proud owner of one of these tablet thingies  I am trying to make it as TeX-friendly as possible. Because the chances
> of running TeX on it are slim, I've been looking at alternatives. The major goal would be to be able to create a
> presentation in ConTeXt on a tablet. For LaTeX, there is a cloud based services called ScribTeX,
> which allows you to store (in the free version) up to three projects with up to 50MB space in the cloud, and have it LaTeXed.
> As their cloud can be accessed via an App, you can edit the files on your tablet, send them to the cloud, have them TeXed, and
> download the pdf.
>
> I am tempted to contact the ScribTeX people and ask them to suport ConTeXt as well, but as I am just a little user and wouldn't have
> a clue about legalities, technicalities, etc, I thought I might ask here first.

Legalities .. anyone can do it I guess and no one can claim that it's a
unique (copyrighted process). With respect to technicalities ... most
robust is xml input, a for texing one needs to take some precautions as
one can create enormous jobs. Also it needs to be sanboxed. And there
are resources to manage.