[NTG-context] why is \getnumber an undefined control sequence?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 2 17:15:33 CEST 2012

Am 02.04.2012 um 16:56 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 2-4-2012 16:46, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> what's wrong with this code?
>>
>> \definenumber [testnumber] [way=bytext,prefix=no]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \incrementnumber[testnumber]
>>
>> A \getnumber[testnumber]
>>
>> \stoptext
>>
>> Works with older betas, craps out with latest.
>
> they were already for a while synonyms ... recently all 'structurecounter' names became 'counter' (the structure was a transition addition in order to have old and new code alongside)
>
> in the process we got rid of the 'number' synonyms
>
> so, just replace number by counter

The problem are these two synonyms:

\let \getnumber             \getcounter       % [name]
\let \convertednumber       \getcounter       % [name]

There is a \convertedcounter but no \getcounter.

@Thomas: You can \rawcounter to print only the numeric value of the counter or \convertedcounter for a formatted form of the counter (you can apply a conversion, e.g. romannumerals or add a prefix, e.g. the current chapter or section number).

Wolfgang