[NTG-context] \description - indenting lines from the 2nd

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Wed Apr 4 10:14:09 CEST 2012

Hello,

what option(s) to use with \definedescription if I'd like to get the following shape (attempt to ACSII art):

XXXXXX blablabla
    blablabla bla
    blabla.

| |
|-| A constant of indenting - to be specified by the user.

|              |
|<------------>| Text width.

I inspired by wiki (the code bellow) but shapes I got could be illustrated:

\A:

XXXXXX blablabla
        blablabla
        bla blab-
        la.

|     |
|<--->| Indenting given by the width of the head - unwanted.

\B=\C:

   XXXXXX blablabla
          blablabla
          bla blab-
          la.

   |     |
   |<--->| Indenting given by the width of the head - unwanted.

| |
|-] The "margin" option affects indenting of the whole description - unwanted,
     I want to indent only lines from the 2nd.

I tried some combinations of options - location, width, margin - nothing leads to the desired form.

My trials e.g.:

----
\definedescription[A][headstyle=bold,location=hanging,width=fit,]
\definedescription[B][headstyle=bold,location=hanging,width=fit,margin=1cm,]
\definedescription[C][headstyle=bold,location=hanging,width=fit,margin=1cm,command=\hskip-1cm]

\starttext
   \input tufte

   \A{Short} This is a shorter item label, and some text that talks about it.
   The text is wrapped into a paragraph, with successive lines indented.

   \A{Rather longer label} This is a longer item label.  As you can see, the
   text is not started a specified distance in -- unlike with other lists -- but
   is spaced a fixed distance from the end of the label.

   \input tufte

   \B{Short} This is a shorter item label, and some text that talks about it.
   The text is wrapped into a paragraph, with successive lines indented.

   \B{Rather longer label} This is a longer item label.  As you can see, the
   text is not started a specified distance in -- unlike with other lists -- but
   is spaced a fixed distance from the end of the label.

   \input tufte

   \C{Short} This is a shorter item label, and some text that talks about it.
   The text is wrapped into a paragraph, with successive lines indented.

   \C{Rather longer label} This is a longer item label.  As you can see, the
   text is not started a specified distance in -- unlike with other lists -- but
   is spaced a fixed distance from the end of the label.

\stoptext
----

Any idea how to obtain the form described above?

TIA.

Best regards,

Lukas

--