[NTG-context] Issues with linetables

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Apr 10 19:41:25 CEST 2012

On 10-4-2012 12:48, Marco wrote:
> There are some issues with linetables. In the current version:
> 2012.04.07 14:42 linetables don't compile at all, example:
>
> \starttext
>    \setuplinetable [n=2]
>    \startlinetable
>      \NC \input knuth \NC \input knuth \NC\NR
>      \NC \input knuth \NC \input knuth \NC\NR
>    \stoplinetable
> \stoptext

the \dostoptatributes can go (a leftover from mkii)

> Given the context version 2011.05.18 18:04 there seems to be a
> bug in linetables; the lines are not aligned when the columns are
> distributed on several pages and the lines don't fall on the same
> page. One-page linetables work fine. Example:
>
> \setuplinetable [n=2]
> \starttext
>
> \startbuffer
>    \startlinetable
>      \NC \input knuth    \NC \input ward \NC\NR
>      \NC \bf\input ward  \NC \bf\input knuth  \NC\NR
>    \stoplinetable
> \stopbuffer
>
> % linetable on one single page
> \setuplinetable [c][1] [width=.5\textwidth]
> \setuplinetable [c][2] [width=.5\textwidth]
> \getbuffer
>
> \page
>
> % linetable streched over two pages
> \setuplinetable [c][1] [width=\textwidth]
> \setuplinetable [c][2] [width=\textwidth]
> \getbuffer
>
> \stoptext

there is no width checking

linetables were written for a specific project and never completed to be
more multi-purpose

adding some support for the height alignment is not too complex
(although I would probably write the code from scratch) but is not on
the agenda for now (maybe when I need it or when I've finished cleaning
up the other code)

(maybe I will extend xtable with horizontal splitting)