[NTG-context] lucida ot

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Fri Apr 13 19:12:48 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 00:25, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> Just copy the *.otf files to for instance a directory
>  <yourtexroot>/tex/texmf-fonts/fonts/opentype/data/lucidaot
>
> and then run
>  mtxrun --generate
>
> after that
>  \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> should work.

It does! I had a prolonged fight with my Mac about using an up-to-date
version of ConTeXt, but once I got that far, the rest wasn't that bad.

So the next "for dummies" question is:

If I do \ss or 'sans' in setupbodyfont, I get Lucida Sans - but how do
I access Blackletter, Calligraphy and Handwriting?

A quick excursion into \cg and \hw didn't work out, I think I'm
missing something here...

I'd have a real use for all of the three like about right now,
recreating something from 15th and 17th century with 21st century
technology, with output in both period style and in various more
modern forms - ConTeXt should be the perfect tool for the job, if I
can learn enough to make it work :-)

Thank you,

Mari