[NTG-context] Rendering differences between PDF viewers

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sun Apr 15 08:00:28 CEST 2012

Hey list,

I've noticed an unfortunate visual difference in my document's colours
when rendered with Evince 2.32.0 where they come out as expected (or
even with Zathura) against Adobe Reader 9.5.7.

Rendered with Evince 2.32.0:
https://www.avaneya.com/temp/evince.png

Rendered with Adobe Reader 9.5.7:
https://www.avaneya.com/temp/reader.png

Note how the latter is overly saturated in the red. Does anyone have any
clues as to why this might happen and what I might do to make it appear
as intended in Adobe Reader? I wonder if this might have something to do
with different renderer's different gamma correction?

It's kind of funny that this could happen because I thought the whole
point of PDFs was that they were truly portable.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred