[NTG-context] lua EOL in xmlsetups

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:47:53 CEST 2012

Am 14.04.2012 um 20:15 schrieb Jano Kula:

> Hello to everybody,
>
> why end of line is not accepted by \startluacode ... \stopluacode construct in xmlsetups? Is there a better way?

That’s a feature of \startsetups etc. because you don’t have to worry about unwanted spaces when you write code, e.g. in this example there is no unwanted space even though I haven’t added a % after { (or a few other places)

\startsetups test

  \doifelse
    {
      \somevariable
    }
    {
      \somevalue
    }
    {
      do this
    }
    {
      else do this
    }

\stopsetups

In your case this feature shows a unwanted side effect because the line end after “do” is ignored and Lua gets “dotex.print”. To fix this you can either use \dostepwiserecurse where you can set a start/stop value for the loop of you add a space after “do”.

Wolfgang