[NTG-context] Chinese hyphenation / line splitting

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Mon Apr 16 10:52:12 CEST 2012

Hi All,

We are having a go at typesetting one of our manuals in Chinese
(gulp). Is there some trick to getting hyphenation working? (Or perhaps
"line-splitting" is a better term, I don't even know if hyphens are used
in Chinese).

What I see in the PDF are unbroken lines running off the edge of the
page. If I manually insert spaces, then the lines do break but seem to
go slightly past the right-hand edge of the paper (so parts of the
characters are lost).

Sample text is from what I think is the Chinese section of Wikipedia,
hopefully is not offensive...

\setmainfont[Adobe Heiti Std]
%\setmainfont[Arial Unicode MS]

John Devereux