[NTG-context] MLA Bibliography

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 02:12:06 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 01:47, Kip Warner wrote:
> If there is a url field in the bibliography
> database present for a given entry, how would one have the title
> interactive to the url?

I didn't try to answer your question directly, but the following
example comes from one of my documents (please don't ask me how I got
it working since I don't remember, but it was probably with Taco's
intervention and by cloning definitions of \insertbiburl). I turns a
number into well-defined URL and displays just the number with a link
to that URL.

  {{\bibdoifelse{\@@pb at cobissid}%
      {\edef\ascii{\@EA\detokenize\@EA{\@@pb at cobissid}}%
       #1\expanded{\gotoCOBISS{\@@pb at thekey}{\ascii}}#2}{#3}}}

% http://www.cobiss.si/scripts/cobiss?command=DISPLAY&base=cobib&rid=1063780&lani=EN
% http://www.cobiss.si/scripts/cobiss?command=SEARCH&base=COBIB&select=BN=0521867444&lani=en

and then my book layout uses
    \insertcobissid{ {\sc cobiss.si-id}: \bgroup}{\egroup.}{}%

followed by an example:

  \title{Molecular symmetry}
  \author[]{David J}[D.~J.]{}{Willock}
  \pubname{J. Wiley \& Sons}

Maybe that (with explanation) deserves an entry on the wiki, but you
can have a nice exercise. If this doesn't help you, I'll take a look
tomorrow or day after tomorrow.