[NTG-context] Rendering differences between PDF viewers

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Wed Apr 18 02:49:55 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 12:48 +0200, Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi Kip,
>
> give it a try and add this to you document...
>

> \startluacode
>
> backends                = backends                or { }
> backends.codeinjections = backends.codeinjections or { }
>
> function backends.codeinjections.rgbtransparencygroup()
>     local d = lpdf.dictionary {
>         S  = lpdf.constant("Transparency"),
>         CS = lpdf.constant("DeviceRGB"),
>         I  = true }
>     lpdf.registerpagefinalizer(function()
> lpdf.addtopageattributes("Group",d) end)
> end
>
> backends.codeinjections.rgbtransparencygroup()
>
> \stopluacode
>

> This does not work, if you also use CMYK based graphics/pictures in your
> document (as this is done document wide).

You know Peter, I must admit. ConTeXt has made me rather cynical at
times. I don't know how many times I've tried a snippet of this or that,
only to have it do exactly what I hadn't intended. Having said that,
every now and then I am blown away when something I never expected to
actually get working, gets working. Thank you so much, that worked
beautifully. Both Evince (poppler based) and AR look identical now.

I stuck it in my environment file. I wonder if there is a safer way of
doing this than via "inline asm", so to speak. Also, maybe for my
benefit, and anybody else having the same problem, you might be able to
explain what was happening?

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred