[NTG-context] Bibtex with ConTeXt mkiv

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Wed Apr 18 07:12:21 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 10:41 +0200, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> That's weird. It is probably a bug in Hans' reimplementation of the
> bib module for mkiv.

I've cc'd Hans in case he has something to offer on that.

> But it is fairly simple to work around, using a
> new macro definition like this:
>
>    \unexpanded\def\mycite{\dodoubleempty\domycite}
>    \def\domycite[#1][#2]%
>      {\ifsecondargument
>         \footnote{\cite[alternative=data,#1][#2]}%
>       \else
>         \footnote{\cite[data][#1]}%
>       \fi}
>
> Then \mycite[<key>] also inserts the \footnote command automatically,
> and you can still use \mycite[extras={...}][<key>].

That works awesome Taco. Thanks a lot. It doesn't matter that it can't
accept multiple keys easily and put on their own lines, since it
wouldn't make sense if you've got extra={} data to add anyways.

> Perhaps, but I have never seen it done like that, and it takes more
> than a bit of programming to make the bibliography module do that.
> Sorry, no time for that.

It's ok. You've done more than enough.

> No, you can't do that. Hans would have to write an extension for
> that, I do not even know where to start.

Understandable.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred