[NTG-context] Rendering differences between PDF viewers

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Wed Apr 18 08:47:00 CEST 2012

2012/4/18 Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com>:
> I stuck it in my environment file. I wonder if there is a safer way of
> doing this than via "inline asm", so to speak. Also, maybe for my
> benefit, and anybody else having the same problem, you might be able to
> explain what was happening?

Adobe Reader needs a special object in the page for it to handle
included pdfs or pngs with transparency correctly on the first page
(search for pdftex and "page groups".) pdfTeX tries to fix this
automagically for years (1.40.6, I think) by synthesizing this object,
but Hans rejects any automagic solution for LuaTeX (since it may
conflict with mechanisms of ConTeXt) and ConTeXt instead tries to do
the right thing. Here it obviously fails.

Best
   Martin