[NTG-context] Rendering differences between PDF viewers

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Fri Apr 20 09:50:37 CEST 2012

Am 19.04.2012 20:25, schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 18-4-2012 13:12, Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>> I understand that there is no easy or general solution for this.
>> But on the other hand is PNG currently the only way to use transparent
>> bitmaps in TeX. The usage of transparent PNG is quite common, so this is
>> a general problem that should be solved.
>>
>> I like your idea of automatically adding such groups, if the user
>> declares the color space beforehand. Also no answer for the spot color
>> problem, but as long as the user does not limit the used color spaces,
>> things can stay as they are. Just my 2 cents.
>
> so first wen need to test with mixed color space documents and such
> hacks to see what happens (as we don't want invalid documents)

ok. i don't expect any formal problems, only more or less ugly color
shifts. anyhow, we will see.

needs some thinking about proper examples (colored text, vector and
pixel based graphics in RGB,CMYK,Spot)...
i think 'draw ColorCircle(..)' is a perfect candidate for the complete
graphic part. one page with transparency and also one page without any
transparency (the page group shouldn't kick in). later on we can add
some icc profiles to spice things up.

i'll start to make a test document on the weekend then. if i have missed
something important, let me know. any additional ideas are also welcome :-)

Peter