[NTG-context] lucida ot

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Fri Apr 20 15:24:37 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 14:37, Mari Voipio <mari.voipio at iki.fi> wrote:
>> Now I can at least get started, and figure out about the Blackletter a
>> bit later
>
> It turns out that I need it rather sooner than later

ARGH, I give up!

ConTeXt finds the Lucida Blackletter OT font on my system (Mac OS X), because:

mtxrun --script fonts --list --all --pattern=Lucida*

says (among others)

lucidablackletterot                 lucidablackletterot
 /Users/Mari/Library/Fonts/LucidaBlackletterOT.otf
lucidablackletterotnormal           lucidablackletterot
 /Users/Mari/Library/Fonts/LucidaBlackletterOT.otf
lucidablackletterotregular          lucidablackletterot
 /Users/Mari/Library/Fonts/LucidaBlackletterOT.otf

But whatever versions of font synonyms and typescripts and all other
commands I try, I always get something like
 typescripts > unknown: library 'blackletter"

I'm sure I'm missing something really elementary here, but what?

This is one of my more recent attempts at calling for the font:

\starttypescript [rm] [blackletter]
  \definefontsynonym [Serif]        	  [file:LucidaBlackletterOT.otf]
\stoptypescript

\definetypeface	[blackletter]	[rm]	[serif]	[blackletter]

\setupbodyfont[blackletter]

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

TIA,

Mari