[NTG-context] lucida ot

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Apr 20 15:59:39 CEST 2012

On 20-4-2012 15:24, Mari Voipio wrote:

> This is one of my more recent attempts at calling for the font:
>
> \starttypescript [rm] [blackletter]
>    \definefontsynonym [Serif]        	  [file:LucidaBlackletterOT.otf]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \definetypeface	[blackletter]	[rm]	[serif]	[blackletter]
>
> \setupbodyfont[blackletter]
>
> Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

something

\starttypescript [serif] [somecollection] [name]
     \setups[font:fallback:serif]
     \definefontsynonym [Serif]           [file:somecolllection.otf]
         [features=default]
   % \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]       [file:somecolllectionbold.otf]
        [features=default]
   % \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]
[file:somecolllectionitalic.otf]      [features=default]
   % \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic]
[file:somecolllectionbolditalic.otf]  [features=default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[someinstance]
     \definetypeface [someinstance] [rm] [serif] [somecollection] [default]
\stoptypescript

and then

\usetypescript[someinstance]
\setupbdyfont[someinstance]

or just

\definetypeface [someinstance] [rm] [serif] [somecollection] [default]
\setupbdyfont[someinstance]

so, the name typescript maps names and if you have conflicts, you can
best use filenames there

then you define a typeface either or not using a typescript (depends on
reuse) .. you need to make sure that it's 'expanded'

then you enable the bodyfont

now, in your code, some auto loading of a type-imp-* file kicks in, so
if you'd put your code in such a file (say type-imp-xxx.mkiv), the
\setupbodyfont[xxx] would have loaded that one

(try with \tracetypescriptstrue)