[NTG-context] Is there some easy way to do tufte-style side note?

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Sun Apr 22 11:55:01 CEST 2012

Am 2012-04-22 um 10:17 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
> All of the mechanisms are added at different times in the process to
> make from text a page.
>
> Margindata (\inmargin etc.) is added to the line where you have it
> in your
> and doesn’t move from this position but you prevent overlapping of two
> different texts in the line with “stack=yes”.
>
> Marginblocks are added after ConTeXt has finished the entire page.
>
> As you can see in the example below it’s possible to have text
> at different levels on the same position.
>
> \setupmarginblock[color=green]
>
> \setupnote    [footnote][location=none]
> \setupnotation[footnote][color=blue]
>
> \setuptexttexts
>  [margin]
>  []
>  [{\framed[frame=off,height=
> \textheight,width=broad,offset=none,align=high]{\placenotes[footnote]
> [before=]}}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \inright[color=red]{Paragraph 1}
>
> \input knuth\footnote{Footnote 1}
>
> \startmarginblock
> \input ward
> \stopmarginblock
>
> \inright[color=red]{Paragraph 2}
>
> \input knuth
>
> \stoptext

Thank you for the example, I need the same, and my setup worked some
months before, but ConTeXt (latest beta) seems broken in that regard:

- footnotes appear doubled in margin and in footer, even with
"location=none" in both setups

- numbering is by document (at least not by page, if I setup
"way=bypage")

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/