[NTG-context] lucida ot

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Tue Apr 24 18:57:45 CEST 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 12:36, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com> wrote:
> You need \starttypescript[serif][blackletter] but there is a shorter method:
>
> \definetypeface[lucidablackletter][rm][specserif][Lucida Blackletter OT]
>
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
>
> \starttext
> Lucida Bright {\lucidablackletter Lucida Blackletter} Lucida Bright
> \stoptext

OK, so I went and got stuck again...

I want to use blackletter as my bodyfont (text and headings, no
footers or headers or captions or anything else), BUT I'd prefer to
use Lucida Calligraphy OT (\cg) as the font in emphasis both for the
sake of legibility and because that is at least close to correct for
the period I'm doing.

If I do

{\lucidablackletter
  component 5-loops-broad
}

that is a) not neat and b) overrides any definition in my environment file like

\definebodyfontenvironment[lucidablackletter][em=cg]

or

\definebodyfontenvironment[default][em=cg]

I can get either or, but not both - I think I'm being a clueless
again, operating outside of the standard five font switches definitely
is uncharted waters for me... So what's the neatest way of ensuring
that when I compile this particular version of my product (with the
appropriate environment file), bodyfont is blackletter and emphasis is
calligraphy?
All the other versions will use ConTeXt defaults (or at least close),
it's just this one that needs a bit of expert help...

Thank you for your patience,

Mari