[NTG-context] Rendering differences between PDF viewers

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 18:08:47 CEST 2012

Am 24.04.2012 15:37, schrieb Peter Rolf:
> Am 24.04.2012 14:42, schrieb Hans Hagen:

>>> ok. i don't expect any formal problems, only more or less ugly color
>>> shifts. anyhow, we will see.
>>>
>>> needs some thinking about proper examples (colored text, vector and
>>> pixel based graphics in RGB,CMYK,Spot)...
>>> i think 'draw ColorCircle(..)' is a perfect candidate for the complete
>>> graphic part. one page with transparency and also one page without any
>>> transparency (the page group shouldn't kick in). later on we can add
>>> some icc profiles to spice things up.
>>>
>>> i'll start to make a test document on the weekend then. if i have missed
>>> something important, let me know. any additional ideas are also
>>> welcome :-)
>>
>> as a prelude, the next beta will have
>>
>> \setupcolors[pagecolormodel=rgb] % gray rgb cmyk auto none
>>
>> and issue a warning when no model is set when using transparencies
>>

> nice. a test document with mixed color spaces is also in work and should
> be ready in a few days.

a first version of the test files can be found here (7z, LZMA2 compression)

https://www.wuala.com/indiego/public/?key=caiCGLasLFmJ

i have tested four versions so far.

1. cmyk (default) page group
2. rgb page group
3. cmyk page group + pdf/x
4. rgb page group + pdf/x

no general problems so far (only spot color related)

Peter