[NTG-context] FLOWcharts - connector line length?

Willi Egger context at boede.nl
Thu Apr 26 22:08:13 CEST 2012

Hi Mari,

as Marco said, the distance key is the dx/dy parameter.

It is not possible to make cells spanning more than one column. This is related to the fact that the cells are on a grid. It is also not possible to have cells on e.g. half way down/left/right.

Indeed this is a very useful module. Setting up a proper flowchart gives great insight in e.g. processes, workflows and alike. I have built many charts for the meat-processing industry.
The advantage of this module is that you can number the cell relatively. Only the first cell has an explicit position. So if you have to insert new cells you have to look only for cells which could be outside of the grid, but that is easier than to walk through the whole chart and renumber the cells.

\startFLOWchart[Decisiontree]

   \startFLOWcell
      \name{Begin}
      \location {3,1}