[NTG-context] Complexeslide module

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun May 6 17:40:09 CEST 2012

On Sun, 6 May 2012, Marco wrote:

> On 2012-05-06 Romain Diss <romain.diss at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> In some of the lasts Aditya's posts, one can understand that some work is
>> already done on a new module: complexeslide.
>>
>> Is there any information about this new module: goal (beamer like?)
>
> Beamer like?? No. Much better :)

In all honesty, it is much more limited than Beamer.

>> actual state, roadmap...
>
> You can follow the code at bitbucket:
> https://bitbucket.org/adityam/complexslides/overview
>
> It still seems to be in a very early stage. But the ideas
> look very promising.

Thomas and I have been discussing how to modularize the simpleslides
module for almost two years now, complex slides incorporates some of those
ideas but some details are still missing.

I do use the module for my presentations, but it does not have all the
features needed for Thomas's presentations. So, it is in extremely
preliminary stage and the interface and the backend are bound to change.
It is for that reason that I have not released it. There is no fixed
roadmap. This is a very time comsuming project, and Thomas and I work on
it when we get some time or an itch to scratch. So, right now there is no
roadmap for release.

We will be releasing parts of the module as they are ready. The first part
is the visual counter module https://github.com/adityam/visualcounter
which is ready to be released one I finish the documentation:
https://github.com/adityam/visualcounter/blob/master/visualcounter.tex

I also have a "backgrounds" module in mind, which will be a collection of
different frame backgrounds. This can be combined with Wolfgang's
annotation module to have a more flexible implementation of the beamer
block environment.

Aditya