[NTG-context] context to markdown/html

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun May 6 19:27:45 CEST 2012

Dear gang,

I have a paper done in ConTeXt that I would like to put online. I _could_
manually convert my input to markdown, but I was wondering if the
xml/xhtml export options could be used to accomplish the same thing.
Although I have done a lot of doc-to-context conversions via pandoc
(doc->odt->markdown->context) I have never needed to go the other way till
now.

What would you guys suggest? Is there a way to convert context's xml/xhtml
to markdown? (Note that I know little about html, css etc).

One thing (bug?) I have noticed: bibliographic info gets lost in the
backend export, so I end up with a lot of Xxxxxxxx (0000) etc in the
output. Isn't there a tmp file the export backend can access to pick up
this info?

Any advice appreciated and

Best wishes
Idris