[NTG-context] Asian Language Support

hwitloc at gmail.com hwitloc at gmail.com
Mon May 7 12:43:12 CEST 2012

I live in Japan and fequently have the need to create documents in Japanese.
I would like to stop using WYSIWYG type word processing and switch over to TeX based systems.  I've been starting and am learning to use ConTeXt but I've still a long way to go.

I want to ask if anyone has already gone through this and has a "How to publish a Japanese language document using  ConTeXt"  or something like that, unless it is incredibly easy to do.  I've not tried it yet, but will tomorrow.  I wanted to write to the
 group first to see if this issue has already be solved or any other input.

My current platform environment is not ideal, but using Cygwin on a Japanese XP Windows box.  I've not had any problems with English documents.

Regards,
   Henman  (hwitloc)