[NTG-context] Metapost/Metafun Q: using variables and "building blocks"?

Mari Voipio mari.voipio at iki.fi
Tue May 8 07:53:28 CEST 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:
> You have seen this one, haven't you? Posted by Don Knuth:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVuggGxeBVk
>
> So that's your next challenge.

Yes, I've seen it, had to watch the whole thing, it is so fascinating.

If I ever decide to invest in such a machine, it'll be an expensive
one that allows me to digitize my own graphics (not just ready-made
sets), preferably as vectors. In which case doing *that* isn't so much
of a challenge any more.

I've coveted one of those for a while, but currently cannot justifty
getting one, neither for fun nor for my tiny craft business as that
one is concentrated on the pre-steam era. However, I'm planning to use
MetaPost to create blackwork charts, I've got the feeling that it'll
give me neater results than any existing software. And I won't be
stuck with one OS, either. :-)

Mari