[NTG-context] FontForge does not support your encoding (utf8) (was: ... please keep testing TL 2012)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 24 22:52:03 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:15 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:

> Ok, will try again later.

You may try again in the morning when the packages will be updated.

>>                The file seems to be present here.
>
> For me too, it’s even in the database. But still the format can’t
> be generated.
>
> Here’s a paste of the log: http://pastie.org/3962742; my mail
> from earlier today is still being held back by mailman.

Totally weird. Let's wait until tomorrow and see then. But the best of
all is the following line:
   FontForge does not support your encoding (utf8), it will pretend
the local encoding is latin1

I realized that it might not even be the first time for me to see that message:
    http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2011/058800.html
but it is totally puzzling. Now I realized that if I replace
    LC_ALL=sl_SI.UTF-8
with
    LC_ALL=sl_SI.utf8
in my environment I get that message as well (but I have no clue
whether it influences anything).

Mojca