[NTG-context] pushing margintext up

Philipp Gesang gesang at stud.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon May 28 18:44:21 CEST 2012

Hi Andy,

On 2012-05-27 17:57, Andy Thomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> could someone point out to me, where in the standalone
> installation the 'margin float placement' algorithm lives.

it depends:
  Floats: strc-flt.mkvi
  Side floats: page-sid.mkiv
  Margin data (as in your example): typo-mar.mkiv

and their respective .lua companions. I suspect you will be
interested in the function „inject()“ (part of the finalizer) in
typo-mar.lua.

> > is there a way for margintext to 'respect' the lower border
> > of the page and push the margintext up, pushing other margintexts
> > upwards while doing so?

+1, I’m curious too whether this can be done.

Regards
Philipp