[NTG-context] Is it possible to define a custom imposition schema? (sure it is, but how?)

Willi Egger context at boede.nl
Tue May 29 22:21:23 CEST 2012

To my knowledge the printer will have more hand-work than accepting that e.g. the 2*4*2 or the 2*2*4 scheme is used. - Again, if I understand you correctly, then the folding machine can only do a single fold. So after assembling the section with two folded sheets still a manual fold must be made along the spine. I expect that the assembly is quite unstable if it has to be stitched/sewn.

 In the first case one can pick two sheets and fold them twice, resulting in a 16 pages section. Such folded sections are stable for stitching/sewing.  Even more easy  is the 2*2*4 approach, with a single folding over the spine you end up with a section of 16 pages. This kind of section is reasonably stable for stitching/sewing.

Willi