[NTG-context] Spacing for {\cal P} in XITS

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed May 30 01:13:59 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 05:34:47PM +0300, Janne Junnila wrote:
> Doesn't seem to be only macs, I'm on Linux using the latest beta. The
> PDF I get is like the one Michael sent earlier. I tried other
> calligraphic letters with the vrules, and it seems that some of them
> have similar issues, just not as striking as with P.

It was a bit buzzling, but I think I found it, it seems the lines:

        italics = {
            ["xits-math"] = italics,
        },

in xits-math.lfg (`mtxrun --find-file` to locate it), prevents the
application of italic correction for some reason, removing it resolves
the issue. I didn't experience it because I had a different
xits-math.lfg in my ~/texmf tree.

Hans, what those lines are supposed to do?

Regards,
 Khaled