[NTG-context] space between footnotes

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 3 10:26:51 CEST 2012

Am 03.06.2012 um 01:17 schrieb Pablo Rodríguez:

>> Add \setupnotation[footnote][display=no] and the example will work.
>
> Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.
>
> If I didn't get your explanation wrong, this example should work:
>
> \setupnote[footnote][inbetween=\blank]
> \setupnotation[footnote][display=no]
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{5}{foot\footnote{note}}
> \stoptext
>
> I'm afraid it doesn't. What is wrong here?

You foot now “paragraph=yes”.

\setupnote    [footnote][paragraph=yes]
\setupnotation[footnote][display=no,alternative=serried]

\starttext \showframe
\dorecurse{5}{foot\footnote{note} }
\stoptext

>>> It adds the space also before or after the first or last one (I guess
>>> this is the way these options should work).
>>
>> It’s a bug because in the following example even the space between the notes is too big,
>> it should be 5mm but actually it’s 10mm.
>>
>> \setupnotation[footnote][before={\blank[5mm]},after={\blank[5mm]}]
>
> Are you sure that this is buggy? If each note should have 5mm before and
> after it, I think the right space between notes should be 10mm (5mm
> after the previous note plus 5mm before the next note). Maybe I'm being
> too simplistic, but I think it's right.

No, that’s wrong. When you have to \blank one after another only the bigger
value is used and the other one is ignored. In the following example
the space between the two frames is 2 lines and not 3 lines because
the smaller value is ignored. It’s possible to add up both value or to
ignore the previous/next value but in this case you need an additional
keyword for \blank.

\defineframedtext[test][width=broad,align=middle]

\starttext \showgrid

\starttest[before={\blank[line]},after={\blank[2*line]}]
One
\stoptest

\starttest[before={\blank[line]},after={\blank[2*line]}]
One
\stoptest

\blank[4*line]

\starttest[before={\blank[2*line]},after={\blank[line]}]
One
\stoptest

\starttest[before={\blank[2*line]},after={\blank[line]}]
One
\stoptest

\stoptext

Wolfgang