[NTG-context] multi-page floats

Henning Hraban Ramm hraban at fiee.net
Mon Jun 4 14:03:52 CEST 2012

Am 2012-05-31 um 23:48 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 31-5-2012 20:25, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>> Ok, some days later I'm still not where I'd like to be (and my
>> deadline
>> is overdue).
>> Let’s resume:
>>
>> A running text is to be interrupted by spans of 3 pages.
>> Postponing (\startpostponing) works well for that, but I need to
>> switch
>> off page numbering on two of that 3 pages - as far as I tried,
>> \setuppagenumbering as well as \setuppagenumber doesn’t work within
>> postponed sections.
>>
>> Further, these pages contain full-page pictures, i.e. I need them
>> bleeding off the paper.
>> Normally, \setlayer works well for that, but I couldn’t get layers
>> working within postponed sections.
>>
>> Since I need these interruptions several times in a very similar
>> way, I
>> \def’ed that postponing stuff as a macro, but get errors that point
>> expanding problems (I never get those).
>>
>> I’d appreciate some pointers in which direction I should
>> think/investigate further.
>> E.g.
>> - are there alternatives to postponing? perhaps multi-page floats
>> (but
>> at defined pages)?
>> - is there a possibility for bleeding full-page pictures without
>> layers?
>> - can it work at all to change page numbering within a postponed
>> page span?
>
> maybe
>
> \startmakeup[page]
>    page a
> \stopmakeup

Good hint. I setup:

\definemakeup[rightpage][page=right]
\definemakeup[leftpage][page=left]

and get empty right/left pages from within my macro.

Can I control if the content after a markup starts on a right or left
page?

Further, if I try to use postponing in a macro, I get errors:

--- *** ---
Runaway argument?
\dorecur\section{K\ETC. \stoppostponing
! File ended while scanning use of \buff_gobble.

system          > tex > error on line 0 in file : File ended while
scanning use of \buff_gobble ...

<empty file>

<inserted text>
                 \par