[NTG-context] first-setup.sh

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 18:54:12 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM, Andy Thomas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> after a lot of confusion I discovered that first-setup.sh is not Andy-proof. If there is a broken internet connection, the update lua process works and pushes the rsync error message very quickly out of the terminal. I propose to change the rsync line to
>>
>> rsync -rlptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/$platform/bin . || { echo "Cannot reach the repository"; exit 1; }
>
> Thank you, that makes sense, I'll change it.
>
> But I believe that some similar safeguards might be needed in the lua
> script (there is a slight chance that this would go through and the
> calls in lua script wouldn't).

Also, if the file doesn't exist on the server (if you change a letter
in path or if platform would be removed from supported one for
example), it doesn't stop. I didn't try to investigate if there is an
easy way around that.

Also keep in mind that users need to update the original script
(currently still called first-setup.sh) manually.

Mojca