[NTG-context] Exceptions to assignment syntax [was: Re: labeltext assignment]

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Jun 12 00:22:35 CEST 2012

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Philipp Gesang wrote:
>
>> Dear others, please contribute if you know about further setups
>> whose parameters behave in a non-standard way. As this is quite
>> counterintuitive, I’d like to wikify any known exceptions
>> somewhere over here:
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/From_LaTeX_to_ConTeXt#Optional_Arguments_and_Setups
>
> That is not a place where I will look for if I were confused. Perhaps it is
> better to create a patch entitled "Its not a bug, its a feature" (or
> something similar, that lists things like this (and the left vs leftflushed
> that is listed in the FAQ).

Other potential topics that fit better on such a page:

* Why is space after \externalfigure[..][..] gobbled? (in the FAQ)
* Why does \framed not work in the beginning of a line (or why we need
\dontleavehmode) (in the FAQ)
* Why page=yes does not give a page break before sections (why we need to
add continue=no) (in the ML a few days ago)
* Why does marking=on not work when page-layout=print-layout (the marking
is outside the page-layout). (in the ML a few weeks ago, and on tex.sx)

Aditya