[NTG-context] xtable

Meer, H. van der H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Fri Jun 22 12:00:40 CEST 2012

On 22 jun. 2012, at 10:53, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 21.06.2012 um 16:27 schrieb Meer, H. van der:
>
>> Can one put individual horizontal and vertical lines between rows/columns in xtable? Just like for example \HL in \starttable?
>
> You can use MetaPost to draw the rules but it’s awkward because you can make a setup like this
>
>  \setuxptable[column][1][background=…]
>
> which is only supported by natural tables. It would be simpler when stables had a counter like \currentxtablecolumn
> which could be accessed to make a test like “if \currentxtablecolumn = 1 then … fi” but this isn’t the case.

I see. No hope here.

But I found some sort of solution which I communicate here. It is bit of a kludge but does more or less what I had in mind. The following macros do the work in my xml=>xtable module:

\def\setframeparts#1#2#3{%
\doifinset{t}{#1}{#3[topframe=#2]}%
\doifinset{b}{#1}{#3[bottomframe=#2]}%
\doifinset{l}{#1}{#3[leftframe=#2]}%
\doifinset{r}{#1}{#3[rightframe=#2]}%
}
..#2 being \setupxtable or \setupframed, just as needed
\doifnot{\xmlatt{#1}{frameon}}{\empty}%
    {#2[frame=off]\setframeparts{\xmlatt{#1}{frameon}}{on}{#2}}%
\doifnot{\xmlatt{#1}{frameoff}}{\empty}%
    {#2[frame=on]\setframeparts{\xmlatt{#1}{frameoff}}{off}{#2}}%
..

>> The workings of parameter spaceinbetween on \startxtable remain a mystery to me. Can someone enlighten me?
>
> It inserts a space between each row, the amount of space is the same as \blank[…] would insert.

Do I conclude correctly that the dimension of the space is fixed to what \blank[] does?
I experimented with various values, but did not get much out of it.

Hans van der Meer