[NTG-context] \placeregister[index]—preventing page break before

Alan Bowen bowenalan03 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 13:51:55 CEST 2012

Perhaps more information would be helpful:

The index comes in this component file:

\startcomponent c_B2-IndexLocorum

\setupheader[state=high]

\BibTitle[IndexLocorum]{\WORD{index of passages}}
\placeregister[Passage]
\LevelBHead[KiddPassages]{Passages in Kidd's collection}
\placeregister[Kidd]
\page[makeup]

\stopcomponent

The registers are defined in an environment file as follows;
%Passages
\defineregister[Passage][Passages]
\setupregister[Passage][n=3,%
balance=yes,%
pagestyle={\switchtobodyfont[9.6pt]\em},%
textstyle={\switchtobodyfont[9.6pt]},%
criterium=all,%
interaction={pagenumber},%
before={},%
after={}%
]
\setupregister[Passage][indicator=no,distance=0.5em,before={}]

%Passages from Kidd
\defineregister[Kidd][Kidds]
\setupregister[Kidd][n=3,%
balance=yes,%
pagestyle={\switchtobodyfont[9.6pt]\em},%
textstyle={\switchtobodyfont[9.6pt]},%
criterium=all,%
interaction={pagenumber},%
]
\setupregister[Kidd][indicator=no,distance=0.5em,before={}]

The problem is the page break leaving about 3 vertical inches of white
space immediately after the LevelBHead and putting the entire Kidd index of
some 20 lines on the next page.

How can I prevent the page break and split the Kidd index?

I am using MKII.

Alan