[NTG-context] making my own simpleslides module

Marco netuse at lavabit.com
Thu Jul 19 16:39:46 CEST 2012

On 2012-07-19 dalyoung <haksan at me.com> wrote:

Hi Thomas

> But it does not work. I got error as follows:
>
> ! Argument of \douseexternalfigure has an extra }.

You cannot simply nest argument with brackets (as opposed to braced
arguments). You need to put the inner command in a pair of extra
braces:

\defineoverlay
  [simpleslides:background:horizontal]
  [{\externalfigure[/Users/graph/Documents/figures/background/ssuwave1][]}]

And I would advice to have a look at the directory key of
\setupexternalfigures. It is almost always a mistake to have a hard
coded path in the code.

Marco