[NTG-context] how to avoid CID Identity-H encoding?

Steffen Wolfrum context at st.estfiles.de
Thu Jul 26 17:59:03 CEST 2012

Hi Hans, hi friends,

while the PDF that are produced by MkIV show no problems, some applications that use these PDF files for post-processing have big problems with CID/Encoding Identity-H.

For example (as far as I have understood) german umlauts eg. "ä" are not recognized anymore but split in eg. "a" and diaeresis (with a space between?).

I was told, that other PDF creators have an option to avoid using this kind of encoding.

Is this also possible with MkIV?

Thanks, Steffen