[NTG-context] Italic page number.

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 09:39:24 CEST 2012

Am 05.08.2012 um 02:37 schrieb john Culleton <John at wexfordpress.com>:

> IMO the following code should result in an italic iii on the
> contents page. Instead I get a roman 1.
> -------------------
> \startfrontmatter
> \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided,conversion=romannumerals]
> \setuppagenumber[number=iii]
> \setuppagenumber[state=start]
> \completecontent
> ------------------------------
> I have tried variations such as a single \setupagenumber with two
> parameters, using \page[iii] instead and so on.
> This ought to be a smple task: start page numbering on the
> contents page with iii. But I haven't mastered it yet.

% You can use this instead of \setuppagenumbering[numberconversion=romannumerals]
% to set the conversion of the pagenumber outside of the sectionblock environment,
% the first argument takes the name of the conversion which is applied to the
% userpage counter with \setupcounter[userpage][numberconversionset=pagenumber].
% You can set a conversion for a certain sectionblock when you write the name
% of the block before the name of the conversion set separated by a “:”.

  {\chapter{Chapter #1}
     {\section{Section #1.##1}}}

BTW: Send next time a complete minimal example.