[NTG-context] Marking a textfragment for later reference

Robert Blackstone blackstone.robert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 09:42:20 CEST 2012

On 6 aug. 2012, Robert Blackstone <blackstone.robert at gmail.com>
wrote

> On 6 aug. 2012, Mon, 6 Aug 2012 14:16:09 +020
> Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster at gmail.com> wrote
>> Am 06.08.2012 um 09:41 schrieb Robert Blackstone <blackstone.robert at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Thank you Marco. Another very useful tool for me. I realize now that many things with labels can be used as anchors for references, and I'm still a bit surprised that a delimited text with a label cannot be used that way.
>>
>> Where has the delimited text in your example a label?
>>
>> Wolfgang
>

> I had not included a minimal example but I had run some trials. Since they did not work, and you gave me a good solution, I trashed them. I kept the pdf's though, in which I included the source. So I can reconstruct the examples.
> I'll try to make it again tomorrow morning. I would be interested to learn what sort of errors I committed.
> Kind regards,
> Robert Blackstone

Here follows my minimal example. I reasoned that the identifier [topica] might act as a label, or an anchor, or whatever the correct ConTeXt name is, for a reference.

\definedelimitedtext[topica]
\setupdelimitedtext[topica][left=,right=] %maybe superfluous? I do not need a layout different from the rest of the text.
\starttext

 Some text.

\starttopica
Some text to explain a certain topic, called topica.
\stoptopica

Some more text about topica. (See discussion on \at{page}[topica])

\stoptext

To avoid any misunderstanding: this is no longer a problem since I have been given excellent advice. But it intrigues me. Why can some identifiers, for example of figures, be used for internal references and others not?

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone