[NTG-pdftex] pdftex.cfg (was: Latest pdftex binaries)

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw@gust.org.pl
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 04:30:10 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Hartmut Henkel wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Martin Schröder wrote:
>
> > On 2004-01-18 18:25:48 +0100, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > > So, martin: is there any reason for an abort when no config is found?
> > > Defaulting to outut_format 0 also honors Staszeks wish to default to dvi
> >
> > I don't see any; in fact I think it's a bug to abort when no
> > config can be found.
>
> What about the "psfonts.map" default, which then would active (and
> typically would use dvips mapfiles then)? Is this safe by the kpathsea
> paths, or better rename it to "pdftex.map"?

I do not see any reason for making psfonts.map default for dvi output.
This is one more eurocent for not reading config file when \pdfoutput=0
(have still in mind that pdfetex could be used as the default engine
for all formats in elegant, transparent for the BLU way).
And yes: we've been using pdftex.map for pdf output since many months
just to avoid any confusion with map files for dvips.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW@gust.org.pl