[NTG-pdftex] [ pdftex-Bugs-116 ] character protrusion: pdftex may hang

noreply at sarovar.org noreply at sarovar.org
Thu Oct 14 15:11:15 CEST 2004

Bugs item #116, was opened at 2004-09-11 03:28
You can respond by visiting:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=493&aid=116&group_id=106

Category: hz
Group: v1.20a

Initial Comment:
pdfTeX will fail on the following LaTeX file:

\pdfprotrudechars 2
\documentclass{minimal}
\begin{document}
\fontsize{7}{8}\selectfont

This paragraph consists of more than two lines.
This paragraph consists of more than two lines.
This paragraph consists of more than two lines.

%% same for this paragraph:
% This is \hfill an empty line

\end{document}

pdfTeX will hang while building the paragraph, so it
seems.

This does not happen with other font sizes. Also, it
somehow seems to depend on the fonts preloaded in the
format file. If I change this line in preload.ltx:

 \DeclarePreloadSizes{OT1}{cmr}{m}{n}{5,7,10}

so that the font for size 10 will be loaded first, and
recreate the format, all is well.

I am using:

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.20a-2.2 (MiKTeX 2.4))

Regards,
Robert.

Comment By: Nobody (None)